Sunday, June 30, 2013

McDonald's Happy Meal: Minions!







I promised myself that I would never get involved in collecting toys from McDonald's Happy Meal again. I actually can't remember the last set that I collected, which was in 2009. They are so easy to get misplaced in the attic because of their sizes. 

And as I mentioned in my previous post, it was challenging to complete a set because I had to eat same McDonald's food over and over. Either 2-pc. hotcakes, regular burger, spaghetti, 4-pc. chicken nuggets or 1-pc chicken. 

I remember reading a portion in Archie's Comics where Veronica would buy a Happy Meal and once she's out of the store, she'd throw away the food and just keep the toys. Just mentioning.

But who can resist these cute minions? I tried not to give in for several days until one day I just told myself that I need to complete the set. So I asked Doc M one evening if we can have dinner at McDonald's, which he said yes to. 

He was the one who located seats for us, while I was in charge of the ordering. What he didn't expect was to see me carrying 4 sodas on my tray, which meant I bought 4 meals instead of just 2 that we agreed at since we try to lessen food consumption in the evening. Yet he knows me when it comes to collecting toys.

After finishing out food, I told him that I will be bringing home Happy Meals to Baby G, my niece. So before leaving the branch, I ordered 3 more sets for take out. So in just one go, I was able to get all the 7 minions. The 2 evil minions I was able to get the next evening.

So here they are now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment