Saturday, July 6, 2013

Princess Ai (Manga Doll)


Cool boots!
But I think they're not original because file photos show this doll having pink flat shoes.





A pretty face. An obvious manga doll. I actually didn't know her until I saw her in the toy store. 

I actually have a sad story about her. I remember going inside the toy store and several of boxed of her were placed near the entrance. I immediately fell in love with her and didn't think twice to buy her. Besides, she was on sale, from about $50, I was only able to get her for about $25. The sad part? Well, after about 4 months or so, I saw her in toy shops being sold at merely $7. I guess you already have an idea of what I am talking about. It is, however, part of being a collector. It's the passion, and the future market price just comes next.

I believe there are 3 of them in the series, but it was only her that was made available in our country.

I took her out of the box, but returned her afterwards where she was kept for quite sometime. I just took these photos about 2 weeks ago and I have actually uploaded them last week. It was only now that I was able to write something about her.

I have included few stuff about her, which I got from the internet:



Princess Ai Doll

12" Collectible Doll
released in 2005

Bleeding Edge, and LA Based collectible doll manufacturer, will be manufacturing a line of 12-inch and 7-inch collectible Princess Ai dolls.

The 12-inch fashion dolls will retail for $25 and will include articulated joints and removable clothing similar to other fashion doll lines.

3 dolls in each lineup will be produced and will be released around July and August of 2005. In addition, some 12-inch and 7-inch "chase dolls" will be released for the collector market. These chase dolls will be released in smaller quantities and will feature minor variations, such as different color clothing.

The dolls will be promoted in Tokyopop's second volume of the Princess Ai series, Princess Ai: Lumination, due out in July. Likewise, the dolls will come with promotional material for the Princess Ai manga.

No comments:

Post a Comment