Sunday, June 9, 2013

Blythe: Who is She?



There was a time when I was interested with every doll I see and I had no direction on how I would like my collection to be. So yes, I got so interested with Blythe as well. However, I found the market price for each doll to be exremely expensive if to be compared with Barbie and other dolls.

Each Blythe doll must be special, I thought. Too special that I have decided to tick it out my list. I was so sure that I wouldn't be able to manage such collection. 

There was I time when I was in Bangkok and I saw 2 boxes. Given on how rare Blythe dolls are in stores, I excitedly approached the saleslady to ask. I was ready then to buy, despite my budget being allotted to Barbie dolls. Upon hearing that it was about USD 235.00, I immediately dropped the thought of owning one. In my mind, I would be able to get a very nice Barbie Collector doll with the price.

Until I saw this being sold at our local ebay store. Bought her as is, no clothes, no other markings to have her recognized. But given that she's alone in my collection with no chances of growing in numbers, I have decided to sell her through eBay International few months after.

All I can say is that she must really be special, coming from a very rare (should I call) series. Despite having a crack on the shoulder, she fetched a price more that I expected.

I believe her new owner is really a Blythe enthusiast and she's gone to a better environment. If I am to see her now, I am sure I won't recognize her anymore as she must've gone through extensive reconstruction. 





No comments:

Post a Comment