Friday, April 24, 2020

PASTEL TOYBOX


I have been thinking of setting up an online shop in addition to the Shopee store that I currently have (although I shut it down temporarily due to the Covid-19 pandemic).

Having to stay longer at home, I had the time to look into the idea. I am already done with my logo, thanks to my graphic designer sister. I am just thinking of a good strategy to launch it.

The shop shall be carrying pre-loved items that I own and toys that are in my collection.

I think I have mentioned in previous blogs that I love shopping for toys and dolls. On top of that, I also have tendencies to over-shop for clothes, shoes, bags and whatever items that catch my fancy. Out of these stuff, I have my favorites so a lot of the things I get end up in storage. Now it’s time to let them go!

Here are some reasons that are making me a bit wary if I’d be able to carry out an online shop:

·         I am an introvert, and I am not the type of person who’d get pushy in terms of selling my goods. If you don’t like it, I won’t insist. (I know that one of the rules in selling is not to give up).

·         I am not the type of person who’d “like” other people’s posts in order to be “liked” in return. I only like and love the posts that really get my attention. I don’t often make comments to posts just to get attention.

·         I have no patience with bogus buyers. I have tendencies to be a snob for these types of people, which might give wrong impressions.

·         I also have no patience with people who love freebies. I’ve had previous instances where a buyer complained about an NRFB doll having a wobbly leg. I, of course had no idea about it since I never removed it from the box. He was asking for a replacement, even after taking it our from the box and played with it a bit. I ended up telling him to just keep the doll and sent him a refund.

·         I definitely am not the type who’d follow up payments. That might mean having items be stocked for a while instead of turning them into sales.

·         The items that I’m selling are part of my collection, which might have an emotional impact when I let go.

·         I have a full-time job.

In any way, I am going for it and I can only hope that it will fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment