Thursday, April 16, 2020

Celebrated My 40th Birthday


Last Monday, April 13, 2020, I blew my 40th birthday cake. It was a "lockdown birthday".

I am not a party-goer, I actually hate parties so I really don’t celebrate my birthdays. The last party I’ve had was when I turned 18 years old – the typical debut party.

Every year, I’d just go out with closest friends to treat them for lunch or dinner either before or after the day of my birthday. Oh, I remember setting up one party (but I can’t remember anymore what year) where I invited few friends at our house. Still, it was just simple – no programs, just prepared food for my guests and few chitchats.

During my birthday days, I’d wake up, do normal stuff and probably just go out for lunch or dinner with family. There’s always a cake and noodles.

Since I’d be 40 this year, I planned to have a party. I have actually made reservations at a restaurant last February and it was supposed to be a “Tropical Fun” party. I had several programs and games in mind. I’ve initially shopped for decorations and prizes, but I am glad that I didn’t shop big time. I even have my dress to wear already.

Then Covid-19 came. My 40th birthday party celebration has been CANCELLED. My sister asked me if I’m sad that my party got cancelled. In all honesty, I am not.

Life may have been halted by the pandemic, but my 40th birthday pushed through. However, I celebrated it in almost the usual way. I ordered my food through Grab and made a drive through at Jollibee before going to my parents’ house. I had no interest to cook anymore.

I celebrated a milestone with the people most precious to me – Doc M, Mom, Sister G, Niece G and my Cousin D (my Dad is spending the lockdown in the province while my Sister A is in another house).

So here are my birthday menu:
·         24K Bear Cake by Boulangerie 22 (Grab)
·         Lechon Manok and Pork BBQ by Andok’s (Grab)
·         Spaghetti Pan and Peach Mango Pie by Jollibee (Drive Thru)
·         Coke from the Sari-Sari Store near our house

Life may not be the same anymore once this pandemic is over, but life still goes on. I am certain that whatever the situation would be, we will be able to adjust. I have so much to thank God for, and these are reasons to go on.

As for my party, it's something that I can plan for again. I don't stop at 40. I feel like it's actually a start of something more exciting!

I hope everyone remain safe and healthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment