Friday, January 3, 2014

TK Sale at Megamall




This is an overdue blog, but I am posting it for reference.

Doc M received a text message last week, advising him of the Toy Sale, being a credit cardholder of the event's main sponsor. There was also a "preview" exclusively to cardholders last October 31st. I asked Doc M to go there after office, but he declined because traffic was bad that day, given that people were all busy going everywhere!

I tried to resist, but yes, I wasn't able to. So the next day, Saturday, we went to SM Megamall together with Baby G, Couz D and Doc M's Couz J.

Bad idea!

Unlike the one that we went to last July at the SMX Center, Megamall's location had smaller isles and I think more participants. We went at 12nn, the mall's opening hour since it was a holiday, and yet it was swarmed with people already when we went in. I asked Doc M and the kids to just stay in one area while I tried to scout the place. Oh boy! Few seconds after going in, I had to find my way out already because people were literally bumping into each other and there were times when I had to squish into the crowd just to be able to forward, and sometimes I had to just let myself be dragged by the crowd. There was not time to look into the kiosks as stopping a bit will mean a terrible traffic. Yes, it was that bad! I wish I was able to take a photo of the event.

After finally going back to the area where I left Doc M and the kids, we heard a commotion near the area, 2 women shouting at each other for a toy that both of them held on. So without thinking twice, we exited the place. It wasn't a place for kids at all. 

Now I know that I should not go back to Megamall anymore for sale events. The crowd there seems to be different than those who go to SMX. 

Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment