Friday, January 3, 2014

It's 2014!

Happy New Year!

My resolution for 2014 is to Aim for Simplicity. It is vague, but I guess being simple covers almost everything that I would like to achieve this year.

2013 has been a liberating year for me. It felt as if I had to do things as I please. Like eating out all the time, buy toys and dolls that I've gotten interested in, acquire things that I don't really need, so on and so forth.

I guess 2014 entails being smarter when it comes to my actions, with my finances. Being simple means being able to convince myself that I have all the basic things that I need to survive on a daily basis. Being simple means controlling my urges to go into retail therapy. Being simple means lowering down my expectations from people in order not to get disappointed later. Being simple means cutting down on being impulsive (cutting down is my term because I know that this won't happen immediately).

Being simple also means being minimalist. This covers my toys. I have been saying over and over through several blogs how I wanted to let go of some of my stuff in the attic, but I ended up having more.

So it's really a challenge that I am taking right now: being able to let go of toys that I do not intend to keep anymore, and at the same time being able to stuff my wallet and my bank account. 

I really hope that I will be able to do so!

I also hope to be able to constantly update this blog page!

Happy 2014 to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment