Saturday, May 15, 2010

Thoughts On Me Collecting

I am 30. I started collecting toys when I got my first job, which was in 2001. I was 21.

I really do not have specific toys that I am collecting. I get whatever catches my attention. Although at this time, my collection is vastly composed of Barbies and other dolls.

I started with the electronic toys from Hasbro --- Chirpy-Chi, Meow-Chi and Poo-Chi. They were followed by 3 Shelby(s), also from the same company. Then one day at the department store, I saw this Barbie doll on sale. She was the only one left of her "kind" so I got her, not knowing that she would be the start of my sort-of-addiction to dolls.

Since then, I would always scout for dolls on sale. Whether it's Barbie, porcelain or baby/toddler dolls.

The nature of my jobs prevented me in tracking my toys well. Years and years of buying is now giving me storage challenges, that lately I've started giving some of them to my cousins and others were sold online.

Toy and doll collecting is not a cheap hobby. Oftentimes, I would spend most of my salary in buying my toys and I would end up in immediately looking forward to the next payday. But the toys give me relief from the ever-challenging world.


At this point, I am checking them out one by one from the attic and try to take their photographs and upload it in an online photo site. I've been doing that for several months now.

Oh well, sooner or later I know that my effort will pay off and I am looking forward to the day when they are all accounted for and that they are already placed in a room specifically built for them to be displayed. Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment